12 Inspiring Tips to Help You Develop a Gratitude Attitude
INSIDE: When you develop a gratitude attitude, it affects every area of your life, reducing stress, improving your relationships, and helping you to experience more happiness and well-being. Try these tips and ideas to help you shift your perspective.
Gratitude is much more powerful than we think. When we come from a place of appreciation, we are able to manifest and create the life we desire more easily.
Research published by PositivePsychology has shown that simply writing down a few things we are grateful for each day can make an impactful increase in our overall happiness.
What is so great about our mindset is that it can be molded, and we can change the way we think just with a little mindfulness.
12 Tips to Develop a Gratitude Attitude
Having a gratitude attitude will take you far in life. So, here are some useful tips to help you do that...
Gratitude affirmations are a powerful way to shift perspective. They are positive and empowering sentences that are there to encourage you and help you think positively.
By repeating words of gratitude to ourselves, we train our brains to rewire our pattern of thinking.
Even if affirmations don’t seem as powerful to us at first, as we repeat them, our minds will remember them and they will eventually become our habit.
You can create affirmations that work for you. Here are some examples of gratitude affirmations:
- I am grateful to be me.
- I am thankful for the job I have.
- I am grateful for my empathy and the ability to love.
- I am grateful to have caring parents.
- I am thankful for this cup of coffee.
- I am thankful for my friends.
Carrying Gratitude Charms
Gratitude charms are any high-vibrational objects that remind us of people we love and things we care about. These can be crystals, pieces of jewelry, or healing stones.
By carrying these gratitude amulets with us wherever we go in a purse or a pocket, we attract more loving experiences to ourselves.
Here are some of the most popular ones to carry:
- Rose Quartz - This crystal attracts unconditional love and amplifies our ability to love unconditionally. It cleanses our heart space from negativity and inspires compassion and thankfulness.
- Amethyst - When we use this stone, it helps us operate from our higher selves and cleanses our aura from toxic thoughts and patterns. Amethyst also blocks negative energy from coming our way, which helps us stay with the attitude of gratitude.
- Amazonite - This one is a playful stone, and it reminds us to see life from the lens of a carefree child. As a result, we can feel inspired by and thankful for all the experiences we go through.
- Blue Apatite - This stone purifies energy and eliminates negative thoughts that stand in our way. It is a strong gratitude stone, helping us get in tune with the loving energy that gratitude comes from.
- Tiger’s Eye - With this stone, we are able to strengthen our character and solidify our positive thoughts. It helps us build healthy thought patterns, embrace positivity, and see life in a more optimistic way.
This is a simple ritual that we can work with daily, even multiple times a day. Simply practice it when you are in the shower or bathing.
By being in the moment and focusing on the flow of water or being in it and thinking about things we are grateful for, the moment we are experiencing becomes more powerful.
Here's how it works:
- When in the water, close your eyes and think about what makes you happy.
- Let those thoughts fill your being, and then think about how thankful you are for each of those things.
- Water is a natural cleanser; therefore it will wash away old thought patterns so that you can start thinking and acting from a place of appreciation.
Morning Gratitude Ritual
Because each new day carries new vibration, morning is one of the best times to nurture a new mindset. This ritual is about using every routine task as a chance to raise our vibration.
It works like this:
- When drinking the first cup of coffee, tea or any preferable beverage, try focusing on the sip you take and think about how much you appreciate that moment.
- Do this as long as you can, with as many sips as possible, as this ritual helps remind us how valuable each moment is.
This is a gratitude attitude ritual that can help determine the course of the entire day ahead of us, driving it into a more positive direction.
Bedtime Gratitude Ritual
A bedtime gratitude ritual is similar to a prayer. However, instead of praying, our focus is on being thankful for what we already have.
- Close your eyes.
- Visualize something that makes you happy.
- Depending on what you feel most drawn to do, you can think or whisper thoughts of gratitude while kneeling or laying in your bed.
- You can hold you a gratitude crystal when doing so, as it will help put you in the right energy to feel deep gratitude.
Creating Something With Love
For people who find it difficult to work with visualization, doing something practical is an ideal way to inspire a gratitude attitude.
No matter if we are making cookies, helping around the house, or making a gift, with a little mindfulness, these acts can become powerful tools for shifting our perspective.
The ritual of creation needs to be about something you love. A useful idea is to make things with an intention of gratitude.
Here are some examples:
- We can feed a stray cat as an act of gratitude for having a loving pet at home.
- Maybe we decide to make our mom some earrings while thinking about how grateful we are for her.
- Or, we can help our colleague with a task from a place of gratitude because they make us smile every day.
The options are endless and we can practice this every day.
Meditating With Crystals
Gratitude health benefits are incredible and they are only amplified when we meditate, especially when we use energy-enhancing gemstones.
Here's how this gratitude ritual works:
- Find a comfortable place and sit in a comfortable position.
- Place one or more healing gemstones in your hand, and close your eyes.
- Set the intention to experience the feeling of gratitude.
- Focus on the feeling of gratitude and the crystal you are holding, and let its energy fill your whole body.
- If your mind starts shifting, simply refocus your attention back to the gemstone and think about how grateful you are.
Crystals are important because they work with our energy and have the power to cleanse our energy field, so that we can adapt new, positive ways of thinking.
Reading Inspiring Stories
Sometimes gratitude can come from reading or watching people who overcame odds and made it to the top despite challenging circumstances.
This ritual is not about comparison, but about inspiration. Seeing or reading about such people can help us see the goodness in our lives.
These stories make us reflect on what we have, and remind us of how grateful we are for what we have in our lives.
Journaling is another way to bring gratitude to our physical reality.
Chose a notebook you resonate with and start writing your words of thanks every day. Try to make it a ritual to not only write in the journal but to read what you’ve written, especially if you are feeling pessimistic.
You can write down simple sentences, sketch, or write full stories of great things that happened during the day.
Journaling collects positive energy, and through working with it, we naturally redirect our thoughts towards gratitude.
If we find it particularly difficult to come up with things we are grateful for, being near an Amethyst Geode while journaling can help unblock stagnant energy and gear our thought process in a more positive direction.
To create a gratitude attitude, we can try to be mindful of organic waste coming from our kitchen. By composting, we give back to the Earth.
Composting is incredibly grounding and can make us happy, knowing that we are doing something good by giving instead of just taking from nature. In this way, we generate an attitude of appreciation for the food we eat, nature, and the soil.
Simply being mindful of the whole process of composting can help us become more aware of how thankful we are for simple things like food or sunlight.
The gratitude that comes from this also puts us in a place where we want to give selflessly even more, which brings to us additional levels of positive energy.
By giving our positive energy to other people or causes, we attract generosity to us. When we are doing so selflessly, and coming from a place of true desire to make a change or make someone else happy, we elevate our energy.
What makes volunteering so powerful is knowing that we have helped a person or a cause. What we give out will be reflected back to us.
The gratitude that comes from doing a good deed can shift our perspective naturally towards gratitude and compassion.
The Game of Perspective
Although sometimes challenging, we can learn to become more grateful by playing a game of shifting focus.
This ritual is about challenging ourselves to stop and evaluate negative experiences by looking at what we have learned from them. Instead of dwelling or getting frustrated, we can redirect ourselves to ask the question: What about this situation can I can be grateful for?
This is not about forcing ourselves to see positives. Instead, it's about actually perceiving the situation as it is, but still thinking about what is good about it.
For example, if you have a client with a rude attitude, you can stop and think of how thankful you are that you now know how to react in similar situations. Or, you can think about how thankful you are that other clients you work with are not like that one.
This can help us truly appreciate the experiences, people, and things we have but sometimes take for granted.
Final Thoughts About Having an Attitude of Gratitude
By practicing these gratitude attitude ideas, you can begin to shift your perspective on life and how you interact with others. This impacts how much stress you'll have and it allows you to enjoy the gratitude health benefits that come with it.