Healing stones have been viewed as gifts from the heavens by every part of the world for thousands of years. Their very existence is proof that perfection can come out of chaos as each beautiful crystal is the result of intense and destructive heat and pressure.
Why It's Important To Learn About Healing Stones
Healing stones become more effective as our understanding of them increases. For example, when you program and cleanse your crystals, their power increases. This is because they absorb and transmit energy, just as humans can. And just like us, they can become bogged down with negative energy that gets stuck inside. We need to open our chakras and release our stuck energy, and we need to do the same for our crystals in order for them to function properly.
Each healing stone has specific qualities that determine the improvements they can make in our lives. Having an understanding of the healing properties of crystals allows you to use them appropriately as needed.
Variety of Use
The more you learn about healing stones, the more you will understand all the different ways you can use them in your life. You'll no longer be limited to one or two ways to bring their healing energy into your life, but will instead have numerous ideas that will serve you in different ways.
How Crystals Are Formed
According to Judy Hall, author of The Crystal Bible, crystals are the earth's DNA, and they contain records of how the earth developed over millions of years. In her book, she states, "Some have been subjected to enormous pressure, others grew in chambers deep underground, some were laid down in layers, others dripped into being - all of which affects their properties and the way they function."
Crystals form as a result of the boiling lava that is below the earth's mantle, but they all develop in different ways. Here are some of the various examples:
- Quartz is a type of crystal that is created when gases released from the molten lava rise to the surface as a result of the movement of the earth's plates. When the gases combine with the solid rock on the earth's crust, they cool and solidify into quartz. This can occur quickly, causing the crystals to be small, or it can occur over thousands or millions of years, in which case the crystals can grow rather large.
- Amethyst geodes are formed when gas cavities occur in lava beneath the earth’s surface. The cavities become filled with liquid that contains silica (quartz) and a small amount of iron. Over thousands of years, the liquid forms into amethyst crystals.
- Garnet is a metamorphic stone that forms when its chemical structure has been reorganized as a result of its minerals melting and recrystallizing under incredible heat and pressure.
- Calcite is a sedimentary stone that forms when rocks on the earth's surface erode allowing mineralized water to drip through the rocks.
Types of Healing Stones
Healing stones are formed by minerals, but it isn't the minerals they are made out of that classifies them. Each species contains its own internal geometric structure that can be identified under a microscope. Two crystals can look very different from each other in terms of their colors or external form, but the internal structure is identical, thereby classifying them in the same crystal system.
There are nine geometric forms that make up the internal structure of healing stones:
- Trigonal (composed of triangles) - Agate, Amethyst, Aventurine, Calcite, Carnelian, Citrine, Hematite, Jasper, Phenakite, Quartz, Rhodochrosite, Rose Quartz, Ruby, Sapphire, Smoky Quartz, Tigers Eye, Tourmaline,
- Cubic (composed of squares) - Diamond, Fluorite, Gold, Garnet, Marcasite, Pyrite, Silver, Spinel
- Tetragonal (composed of rectangles) - Anatase, Apophyllite, Chalcopyrite, Rutile, Scapolite, Scheelite, Wulfenite, Zircon,
- Hexagonal (composed of hexagons) - Apatite, Aquamarine, Beryl, Cancrinite, Emerald, Goshenite, Morganite, Sugilite, Zincite
- Orthorhombic (composed of rhomboids) - Alexandrite, Andalusite, Celestite, Chrysoberyl, Danburite, Dumortierite, Enstatite, Hemimorphite, Iolite, Tanzanite, Topaz, Zoisite
- Monoclinic (composed of parallelograms) - Azurite, Chrysocolla, Diopside, Epidote, Gypsum, Hiddenite, Howlite, Jade, Kunzite, Lazulite, Moonstone, Muscovite, Petalite, Selenite, Serpentinite, Spodumene, Staurolite, Vivianite
- Triclinic (composed of trapeziums) - Amazonite, Feldspar, Kyanite, Labradorite, Rhodonite, Turquoise
- Amorphous (noncrystalline) - Amber, Moldavite, Obsidian, Opal
- Organic Forms - Coral, Pearl
What Gives Crystals Their Healing Properties?
Each crystal resonates at a certain frequency due to its composition of vibrating atoms. It is the resonance of those frequencies that encourages healing to take place in the body.
Much of the healing properties of crystals has to do with their ability to work with the vibrations of the chakras to balance the body's energy system, thereby improving physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health all at once.
How to Choose a Healing Stone
There are several ways to go about choosing a healing stone:
General Health Approach
For general health and well-being, choose a crystal that speaks to you. Browse through our tumbled stones and choose one that you feel drawn to based on color, appearance, and healing properties. Just as we are all unique, each crystal is unique, and the relationship we have with our crystals is unique as well. Therefore, using your intuition to guide you to the crystal of your choosing is often the best way to go.
For specific symptoms, choose a healing stone that has shown to improve those symptoms. Simply type your symptom in our search bar at the top of any page on our website, and the healing stones that are known for improving those symptoms will come up.
Life Transformation Approach
For transforming your life, choose a healing stone according to the positive qualities it brings out. For example, if you type in manifestation in the search bar at the top of any page on our website, the crystals that assist with manifestation will be shown.
We've written a whole article on this topic. Check it out here: Stone Energy: How to Choose a Crystal That Will Rock Your World.
Shop For Healing Stones
At Cosmic Cuts, we offer a large assortment of high-quality healing stones and crystals. Our amethyst geode selection is unmatched in the industry. We also offer an assortment of tumbled stones, jewelry, clusters, and more.
Each healing stone is one-of-a-kind and comes with free shipping and a certificate of authenticity!
We are a top-rated, award-winning mineral dealer offering fine mineral specimens for sale at sensible prices with outstanding customer service. We have a 99% satisfaction rate, we value our customers tremendously, and we take pride in providing an excellent experience.
Browse Our Healing Stones Here
Additional Information About How to Use Healing Stones
Stone Energy: How to Choose a Crystal That Will Rock Your World - Stone energy is a real thing, and this article to show you how stone energy works and provide some proof as to why it does. Plus, you'll discover 5 different ways to choose a crystal that is right for you.
How to Use Crystals and Stones to Fulfill Your Life - If you are drawn to crystals and stones but don't know how to use them to improve your life, this article will offer you 13 different techniques to inspire your personal crystal experiences.
How to Use Crystals for the Best Chakra Healing - Discover how easy it is to use crystals for chakra healing so you can balance your personal energy field and improve your physical, mental, and spiritual health.
How to Determine Gemstone Meanings: 3 Simple Tips - You don't have to read through every crystal write up and memorize what each stone does. Instead, you can learn a few simple indicators that will help you determine gemstone meanings on your own. Read on to discover how!
Everything You Need to Know About Clearing & Charging Crystals - In this article, we explain why charging crystals is not really necessary as long as you are properly clearing them, and we show you 7 methods for doing so.
This is What Happens When Kids Use Crystals and Gemstones - Crystals and gemstones are not limited to adults. Kids can benefit significantly from them as well! In this article, you'll learn how crystals can help kids, different ways they can use them, and the best crystals for kids.
How to Wear Healing Crystal Jewelry for the Best Results - Discover the benefits of wearing healing crystal jewelry. Find out why amethyst, rose quartz, and black tourmaline are our favorite crystals to wear, and learn how to wear them for the best results.
How to Use Spiritual Crystals to Empower Your Soul - Spiritual crystals are one of the most powerful tools for awakening the inner spirit. They can help us tune into our intuition, connect to higher consciousness, awaken the kundalini, and improve the mind-body-spirit connection.
Best Healing Crystals That Will Make You Remarkable at Work - There are a multitude of issues that we deal with on a daily basis at work, and it causes us stress and puts a damper on our happiness. But crystals can help! Here are the best healing crystals for all your work issues.
All About Zodiac Stones
How to Use Zodiac Crystals and Gems to Fulfill Your Destiny - With a deeper understanding of our zodiac signs and the help of zodiac crystals and gems, we can come to know our destiny so that we can fulfill our purpose and shine our unique light on the world.
Aries Crystals: The 10 Best Zodiac Stones for Aries Sun Sign - These 10 Aries crystals are powerful tools that can help those with the Aries sun sign to achieve greater balance and accomplish their goals and dreams with more ease.
Taurus Crystals: The 10 Best Zodiac Stones for Taurus Sun Sign - These 10 Taurus crystals are powerful tools that can help those with the Taurus sun sign to achieve greater balance and accomplish their goals and dreams with more ease.
* Crystals and stones should not be used as a substitute for medical advice or treatment. Please read our full disclosure notice here.