10 Ways to Use Crystals for Home Decor
INSIDE: In addition to the many ways to use crystals for healing and well-being, there are also numerous ways to use crystals for home decor. Here are 10 of our favorites to get you started!
Crystals are an obvious choice for crystal home décor ideas. Not only are they beautiful to look at, they also have powerful healing and cleansing properties.
Unlike some home décor trends, crystals are timeless. They'll never go out of fashion.
The relationship between humans and crystals is age-old. We’ve been fascinated with rocks for many millennia. The earliest record dates back to the ancient Sumerians where crystals were used for protection and health purposes.
Today, they still bring peace, comfort and positive energy to our living spaces.
No two crystals are the same, which makes them appealing to collect and display. Crystals can be left out, arranged in a box, or shown off in a homemade macramé creation.
Amethyst Geodes are one of the best ways to use crystals for home decor, thanks to their deep rich purple hue and powerful spiritual properties.
How to Use Crystals for Home Decor
Without further ado, here are 10 top ways to use crystals for home decor...
Place Crystals on Windowsills
Not only do crystals look beautiful lined up near a window, but windowsills are a great way to charge our crystals for home décor and daily meditation practices.
Placing crystals in direct moonlight or sunlight is the best way to charge our healing stones (although we would argue that charging isn't really necessary).
Since not everyone has the ability to leave crystals outside to charge, windowsills can come in handy.
Placing crystals on windowsills also serves to protect the home. Our selenite wands fill rooms with positivity. Sun rays reflect off the selenite, bringing positive energy into any living space.
Make an Abundance Basket
A beautiful, shallow pottery glass or wooden bowl will make a beautiful “Abundance Basket.” These baskets help us visualize our intentions with their symbols of building stable roots or healing energy.
- Citrine, Pyrite, Tiger Eye, Carnelian, sage, acorns, and feathers are recommended for making your own Abundance Basket.
- Alternatively, place Tumbled Stones in a gorgeous basket to greet guests in the bathroom or kitchen.
- Encourage guests to touch, explore, and grab the healing stone that speaks to them.
Amethyst geodes are not only visually appealing with their deep purple hue, but they also clear our mind in preparation for mediation and cleanse negative energy.
- Cosmic Cuts’ Amethyst Geodes bring fire energy to living space.
- Place an Amethyst Geode in the South area of the Feng Shui Bagua Map to boost your status.
- We also offer gorgeous vibrant, sunny Citrine Geodes for home decor to bring joy to living and dining spaces.
Spiritual alters are a place for us to reflect, pray, practice mindfulness, and meditate.
Crystal alters or angel alters are a beautiful place to rest and recharge, and they complement any décor, adding a unique space for us to express our unique energy and personality.
- Create an alter on a small side table or use as a main display feature.
- Set up an alter in a peaceful space in the bedroom, office, lounge, meditation room, or garden meditation space.
- Use a mixture of geodes and tumbled stones to create a healing, peaceful space.
- Choose crystals based on intention or connect with angels or spirit guides with selenite.
Incense, smudge sticks, and candles are also useful in creating a sacred place to cleanse and heal.
Bathing With Crystals
Placing crystals in the bathroom creates a relaxing environment to recharge and cleanse our emotional blocks. Place crystals and healing stones around bathtubs, showers, or directly into bath water.
A crystal-charged bath raises our energy and helps us manifest, re-energize, and recharge.
- Make sure to include plenty of candles and luxury bath oils.
- Rose petals and lavender add a special touch.
- Rose Quartz, Citrine and Obsidian are great stones to add in the bathroom, complementing any decor with their soft, yet strong hues.
When placing crystals in the shower or bath, it’s important to find a secure place so that the stones do not slip or block the drain. Consider installing a slim or corner shelf to store crystals safely.
Also, refer to our crystal care guide to ensure you choose crystals that can be placed in water.
Instead of storing your favorite crystals in a box or pouch, why not find a stylish glass display box to show them off? Boxes are useful to discourage pets or younger children from playing with loose stones.
And as a bonus, these display boxes keep stones safe in one place for easy access. Target stocks a wide range of glass boxes in different sizes and shapes to suit any decor.
Curiosity Cabinets first appeared in Renaissance Europe as a precursor to museums. These early museums stored artifacts, ecliptic, esoteric, and rare pieces. The first cabinets included dried insects, shells, fossils, and works of art.
There are plenty of curiosity cabinets and witch cabinets on Etsy for storing crystals. They are one of the most popular crystals for home decor ideas we've seen on Pinterest and in blogs.
Make them more your own by adding feathers, shells, old postcards, or photos that bring inspiration or peace.
Austrian psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich first popularized the idea of Orgonite with his scientific research in the 1930s. Today, Orgonite is a combination of crystal and metal in resin.
Although Reich’s theories divide opinions, these pyramids have become popular again with their visually appealing shape. Learn how to make an energy-inducing pyramid with this tutorial.
Crystal Geode Tables
An Amethyst Geode Table makes a beautiful and healing addition to any space. Our geodes produce a magnetic field that offers positive results to any household, calming and counteracting negative energy.
- Amethysts are from the quartz family; therefore, they take on the qualities of both the Amethyst and Quartz crystals.
- Our Amethyst originates from different locations, including Brazil and Uruguay.
- Move our geode tables around the home to enjoy their healing energy in many locations.
Macramé crystals not only look beautiful, they are also a wonderful way to show off crystals in the home. While most people think of plants when they think of macramé, this technique is also a wonderful way to display our favorite crystals.
- Medium ropes of 4mm-7mm work best for macramé hangers, especially for beginners.
- However, some crafters might opt for a smaller rope for pendants or hangers.
- Use healing crystals of any shape or color.
While pink quartz and clear quartz are some of the most popular crystals used, we offer a range of crystals with different healing properties to suit any décor or personal need.
Use the side menu on our website to shop by intention.
Final Thoughts About Crystals for Home Decor
When browsing Cosmic Cuts’ crystals for home décor collection, keep in mind how and where the crystals will be used. Tumbled stones are perfect for windowsills, bathrooms and kitchens. Larger geodes are ideal for alters, living room and indoor or outdoor meditation spaces.
It’s also important to consider the healing properties of each stone and how they will interact with each other. For instance, Smoky Quartz tends to amplify other stones.
Avoid keeping energizing stones too close to the bedroom as this may interrupt sleep. These are just a few tips to help you get started with your crystals for home decor. Enjoy!