As adults who are intrigued by things like crystals, meditation, and the like, we often keep those practices to ourselves even though our children would benefit from them too.
Let's end that today and discover all the ways your children can use crystals and gemstones to overcome their unique challenges!
Children are actually prime candidates for using crystals, and here's why:
- To a child, everything is magical, so they are especially drawn to crystals and things that seem to produce an almost magical result.
- They are open and spiritual by nature. To them, everything is alive - even their teddy bears and dolls.
- To kids, all things are possible, and their faith in the "impossible" hasn't been dulled by the disbelief of society.
For all of these reasons, children often have a natural connection to the mineral kingdom. They gravitate toward crystals and have an innate sensitivity to their healing powers.
How Do Crystals and Gemstones Benefit Children?
Crystals help children just as they help adults, but maybe even more so because children are often more receptive to their healing powers.
The issues and difficulties that kids face impact them as they learn, grow and develop, and a crystal can be a welcome friend to help them thrive and flourish.
Here are some of the best ways we can use crystals for kids:
Use Crystals to Calm Children
Kids have so much energy that it can be difficult for them to tune it down during times of rest and relaxation.
Crystals and gemstones are one of the best ways to help them calm down. Use crystals to calm children, settle their nerves, soothe their active minds, and relax their bodies. Search for calming stones here.
Crystals Help Kids at School
Children encounter a number of challenges at school, and having a crystal in their pocket can help them through it all.
Crystals and gemstones can assist them with all of the following and more:
- Feeling safe and protected
- Reducing feelings of inadequacy or separation anxiety
- Helping them focus and study by improving their concentration, memory, and mental clarity
- Transmute negative energy, such as bullying, fear, anger, and jealousy, into positive energy and emotions
- Handle and understand their emotions so that they can confidently interact with their peers.
Crystals for Children's Sleep
There are many things getting in the way of a good night's sleep for children, including:
- Difficulty calming themselves down
- They dread sleep because they want to keep playing
- Fear of the dark
- They don't want to be alone at night
Crystals can help with all of these things.
Crystals and Gemstones Help Kids Handle Tough Times
Every child experiences some sort of emotional turmoil no matter how much we try to shield them from it.
What we go through in life helps make us who we are, but when we have a tool to help us grow through it and come out a stronger person, we can better handle those challenges.
That is one of the amazing things that crystals can do for your children.
Crystals and gemstones can be used to help your children through difficult times and transitions, such as a death in the family or moving to a new home or school.
They can help them deal with their emotions in a healthier way.
Crystals and Gemstones Improve Kids' Self-Image
Confidence is something the majority of people struggle with as adults, and it starts when we are children.
As we are growing up, and especially as we start interacting with peers at school, it can be difficult to figure out our place in the world.
Learning to embrace our authenticity and love ourselves often comes from many years of experience, but it can happen easier when we use crystals as children. View our crystals for confidence here.
How to Introduce Kids to Crystals
1) Discuss - Kids will often take an interest in crystals immediately when they see them. Foster that interest by engaging in a conversation with your child about crystals. Briefly mention the different ways crystals can help them in their life, and notice what parts of the conversation they tend to take a special interest in.
2) Choose - Children are very in tune with spiritual energies, much more so than adults, and they have an uncanny ability to trust their intuition and gravitate toward the perfect crystal for them. Place a bowl of tumbled stones in front of them, take them to a crystal shop, or let them look through photos of crystals in our online crystal shop, and let them choose their own crystal. You might want to narrow down the choices for them ahead of time, so it isn't too overwhelming.
3) Teach - Help your child learn how to use crystals to improve their life. Encourage them to program their crystal with an intention so that it can always help them with that goal. Show them different ways they can use their crystal, and the various healing properties their crystal has in store for them. And don't forget to show them how to care for and cleanse their crystal.
How Can Kids Use Crystals and Gemstones?
There are a number of different ways kids can use crystals and gemstones. Here are some of the best ideas when it comes to crystals for kids:
- Carry a tumbled stone in their pocket
- Place their crystal(s) in a medicine pouch, which can then be placed in their pocket, tied to a string and worn around their neck, or placed in a backpack or purse.
- Keep it under their pillow or on their nightstand to help them sleep at night or during naps.
- Crystal jewelry can be worn by older children.
- Tie crystal beads onto their shoelaces.
- Place crystals in their bathwater to help them settle down and relax.
- Help your child build a crystal grid (show him/her Adam, The Crystal Grid Maker's videos, a little boy who intuitively creates and explains crystal grids).
- Create a dreamcatcher with crystal beads together with your child.
What Are the Best Crystals for Kids?
Kids can use any crystal, but there are some that are particularly gentle and indicative of the playful spirit of children.
That's why we've chosen the following crystals for kids.
(Make sure you check out the Best Crystals for Kids Infographic at the bottom of this section!)
Amethyst is our absolute favorite crystal as it is awesome for helping with pretty much anything you throw at it. The healing properties of amethyst span all parts of the mind, body, and spirit, and it can help children in many ways.
- Amethyst provides a gentle energy that is protective and spiritual.
- It improves concentration, memory, and focus, so it is excellent for school and homework.
- It calms and soothes the body and mind, prepares the body for sleep, and wards off nightmares.
- It improves intuition, creativity, and emotional understanding, and it transmutes negative energy into love.
Amethyst is one of those stones that your child can carry with them at all times to help them feel better in almost all situations.
Rose Quartz is perfect for children because it is a gentle stone that offers an unlimited dose of loving energy.
- It is positive and uplifting, and it soothes emotions, hyperactivity, fear, anxiety, aggression, and obsessive-compulsive behavior.
- Rose quartz boosts self-love and love for others.
- It inspires empathy, openness, forgiveness, compassion, and unconditional love.
- It can also be used to soothe babies who have colic.
Hematite emits a grounding energy that offers feelings of protection.
- It can serve to calm children down and prepare them for class.
- It provides a balanced energy that promotes feelings of strength and courage while being calming at the same time.
- Hematite also neutralizes negative energy, boosts confidence, and reduces worries.
Black Tourmaline offers a gentle energy that provides protection from negative energies and emotions.
- It can help children feel safe and secure as they embark on their journey at school or lay down to sleep at night.
- With black tourmaline, children will feel confident and grounded, and it will help reduce their fears.
- It also boosts their immune function.
Clear Quartz is the Master Healer, and it can be used to heal all wounds, whether physical or emotional.
- It can help children ease any pain they are feeling and recover faster when they are sick.
- Clear quartz also eliminates negative energy, serving to provide children with the confidence that nothing can harm them.
Rhodonite is another gentle, nurturing crystal for children.
- It can help children have patience and feel calm.
- It promotes feelings of peace and forgiveness.
- It can also assist them in overcoming fear.
Tiger's Eye helps children come out of the clouds and feel grounded, so while it is useful from time to time, children need to dream and shouldn't carry it with them all the time.
- Tiger's eye also promotes self-esteem and courage.
- It helps children do the right thing and use good judgment.
- It provides protection and a sense of security as well.
Aquamarine is a wonderfully soothing crystal.
- It settles nerves, anxiety, and stomach aches related to anxiety.
- It also brings clarity of thought, and when coupled with its ability to calm children, it's extremely useful for test taking.
- Aquamarine also helps children tell the truth.
Carnelian is a warm stone that can help to empower your child.
- It promotes confidence, joy, and strength.
- It sparks creativity, openness, and helps children trust themselves.
- Carnelian also facilitates loving energy between children and parents.
Citrine has a cheerful energy that every child will soak right up.
- It brings vitality, happiness, and confidence to children.
- It is also known for its manifestation powers, so it can be used to help children feel more confident that they can have the outcomes they want if they set their mind to them.
Sodalite is another one of the best crystals and gemstones for kids.
- It promotes authenticity and individuality, helping children feel free to express themselves without worrying about what others will think.
- It increases clarity of thought and concentration.
- Sodalite also helps children feel calm even in the midst of chaos.
What are the Best Crystals for Children's Room?
When searching for crystals to use in your children's room, hands down the best one we could suggest is amethyst.
It is one of the best crystals for children's nightmares, it is soothing and calming, and it helps to stimulate their imaginations as well.
What Happens When Kids Use Crystals and Gemstones?
As you can see, amazing things can happen when we encourage our children to use crystals and gemstones.
With the help of these crystals for kids, they can enjoy more confidence, more control over their emotions, a better sense of themselves, and the ability to grow through their challenges. It's quite a simple solution for a great return!
What experiences have your children had with crystals? Please leave a comment below so we can all learn from each other.
Warning: As with any small object, be careful that you keep small crystals out of toddlers' reach so that they don't become a choking hazard. Larger crystals can flake off and create smaller pieces as well. Teach your children not to throw them so that they don't break into smaller pieces. Make sure you check their pockets before running the washer or dryer.
* Crystals and stones should not be used as a substitute for medical advice or treatment. Please read our full disclosure notice here.