Chakra Cleansing: How to Maintain a Healthy Energy System
INSIDE: Chakra cleansing is one of the most important self-care maintenance practices we can perform as it helps to keep us healthy in mind, body, and spirit.
In recent years, chakra cleansing, reiki, and integrative medicine have gained popularity thanks to a significant shift in how we view our bodies and overall health.
More and more, people are healing the mind, body and spirit to realign their bodies.
This personalized approach recognizes the mind-body connection and the importance of regularly cleansing your chakras.
Is There Science Behind Chakra Healing?
There is a definite link between the mind and body. Our thinking and biases can affect our health and the way medicine works.
The book, The Scientific Basis of Integrative Medicine, provides groundbreaking research which demonstrated that our thoughts alter our immune system and that “emotional stress indisputably and negatively impacts our physical health.”
While science has yet to explain the connection between mind and body, some researchers have attempted to explain the origin of chakras.
For instance, Richard W. Maxwell theorized there are “three physical aspects of chakras,” which are formed “through gap junction mechanisms” during our development in our mother’s womb as embryos.
He added, “Furthermore, electrical conductance associated with a high concentration of gap junctions could generate phenomena that, when subjectively experienced, have the radiant qualities attributed to chakras.”
Maxwell’s theory provides a scientific framework for chakra healing, helping us understand this phenomenon. However, those who have felt the very real improvements in their health can attest to the effectiveness of this ancient practice.
Why is Chakra Cleansing Important?
Chakra clearing is important because it keeps our chakras aligned, improving the flow of energy in the body.
A blocked chakra not only stops the flow of energy, it can also affect us psychologically and emotionally. Health issues often arise from unaddressed blocks, influencing our livelihood and closest relationships.
It is all too easy to forget the bigger picture when we feel overwhelmed with day-to-day responsibilities and stresses. It's become the new normal to feel tired, stuck and as though we are running on empty.
The good news is there are some simple steps we can take to make time for chakra cleansing.
Pain may be the first indication that one or more of our seven chakras are blocked. For instance, someone with a blocked heart chakra may suffer from heart problems, chronic fatigue and psychological symptoms like being overly critical.
As the heart chakra is opened, energy begins to flow in a new way helping us to become more empathetic and loving.
Signs of a Blocked Chakra
While many of us suffer from energy-sabotaging beliefs or habits that keep us exhausted and unfocused, an energy block may manifest as achiness and stiffness at first.
Certain recurring emotions or fears may be linked to a block. On the other hand, an overactive chakra can show up as it tries to compensate for the blocked chakra.
Symptoms of Blocks in Each Chakra
The seven energy centers align with the body’s spine and govern various organs or various regions of the human body. The location and symptoms help identify the chakra block.
- Feelings of fear, trauma and eating disorders often affect the Root chakra at the base of the spine.
- Emotional instability, addictive behaviors or resistance to change is often linked to blockages in the Sacral chakra, which is found in the navel region.
- Bullying, low self-esteem and experiences of physical or emotional abuse are tied to the Solar plexus chakra located in the belly button area.
- Stress, emotional pain, loss and unresolved emotional pain can be found in the Heart chakra or the center of the chest.
- Blockages in self-expression and a lack of confidence often manifest in the Throat chakra, which comprises the neck and shoulder areas.
- Metal blocks and an inability to question reality are found in the Third eye chakra, which is between the eyebrows.
- Negative beliefs manifest as blocks at the top of the head in the Crown chakra, which can also results in a lack of meaningful relationships or an overactive ego.
Stagnant energy creates blockages. Blocked chakras can be emotional, spiritual or psychological in nature.
There are many reasons why our chakras become blocked, but here are some of the most common reasons:
- Some blocks are stored emotions from the past, manifesting as mental illness, anxiety, depression or addiction.
- Stress and anxiety are the most common causes of blocked chakras. They create tightness within our bodies’ tissue and muscles, which also stops the flow of Qi or Prana. Managing stress and anxiety helps us become more aware of the influence of negative emotions on our bodies and health.
- Unhealthy habits, such as a junk food diet, lack of exercise, and lack of sleep, can cause blocks in our chakra system.
As we become more mindful of our bodies and energy, we start to notice subtle patterns and become more aware of when certain people influence our energy.
Meditation for Chakra Cleansing
Being mindful of our bodies and any discomfort is the first step to clearing stagnant energy.
While there are many chakra cleansing techniques, meditation is one of the most healing practices for increasing mindfulness and peacefulness.
Meditation for chakra cleansing has become more popular in recent years in Australia, Canada, the US, and the UK. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to learn more about the body’s chakras, improve concentration, reduce stress, and boost energy levels.
Experts suggest using colors associated with each chakra as a focal point. However, some might find it easier to place a hand at each point to understand how they feel, focusing attention on these points throughout the meditation.
While chakra-cleansing meditation will help balance the energy centers, yoga poses, reiki, and healthy eating can also help unblock energy.
Using Crystals for Chakra Cleansing
Gemstones have long been used in “energy medicine” and chakra cleansing, and they are one of the best tools for chakra alignment.
- For instance, Serpentine helps clear the entire chakra system.
- Cleanse the crown chakra with Clear Quartz, which helps clear mental and emotional energy, especially if it is from an outside source.
- Crystals can be used in daily meditation and other chakra clearing practices.
- Simply select a crystal or stone to represent each chakra. Ideally, the stone’s hue should represent the color of each chakra.
Final Thoughts About Chakra Clearing & Cleansing
Maintaining a healthy energy flow in the body is what breathes life into our body. It's what keeps us healthy on all levels. Be sure to develop a consistent chakra cleansing practice to enjoy optimal well-being.