6 Different Ways to Use a Spiritual Pendulum to Improve Your Life
INSIDE: There are many different ways to use a spiritual pendulum to enhance your life, and we're going to go over the most common ones in this article. Keep reading to discover the best methods for you!
A spiritual pendulum is a pendulum made from a special material (like bronze, copper, gold, or gemstones) that is energy-flowing and is usually used for divinatory purposes.
But, a spiritual pendulum can be used for energy healing, too. Since the materials used in pendulums are prominent in many ways, they are excellent conductors for healing energies like bioenergy and Reiki.
Thus, spiritual pendulums can be used to heal many different chakra blockages or for balancing the inner meridians of Chi.
6 Different Ways to Use a Spiritual Pendulum
There are many different ways to use a spiritual pendulum, the most common of which are for chakra balancing, energy clearing, grounding, healing, divination, room cleansing, and identifying energy blocks.
Let's look at each of those in more detail now...
Let’s start with chakra balancing. In order to balance the chakras, you need to hold the pendulum above the chakra areas on your body (or have someone else hold the pendulum for you).
The person holding the spiritual pendulum should set the intention for the sessions, by thinking something like “chakra balancing.”
Then, the pendulum can start doing its work. It is usually advised to start with the root chakra and move your way up.
When it comes to energy clearing, once again, it’s important to set the intention (the purpose) of what the spiritual pendulum is to do. For this particular purpose, you might want to spend some time choosing the suitable pendulum.
Energy clearing crystals such as Red Jasper, Carnelian, Black Tourmaline and Black Obsidian are perfect for this type of work. Of course, you should always take into the account the crystal that attracts you.
Here's how an energy clearing session might work:
- Have the person receiving the energy clearing lie down.
- Hold the pendulum above the person's body and start “scanning” the body and aura beginning from the top of the head and moving all the way down.
- Ask the person to change positions so that you can scan both sides of their body, starting on their back and flipping over to their stomach.
- Take note of the blocked areas.
- You might choose a different pendulum for the job of healing the blocked areas or you can simply reprogram the pendulum with a new purpose of clearing the energy from any blocks and astral larvae.
Here's how to use a spiritual pendulum for grounding purposes:
- First, you need to program the pendulum for what you want it to do. In this case, you could say “help me ground” or “purify my grounding energy” or “stabilize my grounding chakras.”
- Hold it above your feet.
- Spend a certain amount of time observing the pendulum as it is doing its work over your feet. You might want to close your eyes and focus on feeling its movement between your fingers and channeling the healing energy into your feet.
- After you get the sense that your feet have “had enough,” aka the process is complete, move on to your root chakra. Close your eyes and dedicate your full attention to the energy that is being channeled through the pendulum.
- Once you feel that the root chakra is complete, move on to your sacral chakra (2 inches below your navel). Here you can place your dominant palm over the space where the sacral chakra lies and focus the pendulum to do the work through your palm directly into the sacral chakra. This method acts as a “booster” for the grounding energies, installing its power into your grounding core.
Pendulum healing is done by choosing the pendulum made from appropriate materials first. Metals like silver and white gold is preferable for healings because of its gentle and soothing signature of the moon.
Silver and white gold are believed to be connected with the feminine energy and healing waters, thus this material is considered to be the best channel for healing energies. Especially when working with the crown chakra, heart chakra, and sacral chakras.
Stones like Amethyst, Smoky Quartz, Clear Quartz, and Labradorite are considered to be cleansing crystals. They are perfect for pendulum healing when combined with the soothing energy of silver or white gold.
Once you've done the scan of the body and found a challenging spot that needs a healing, it's time to choose your pendulum and begin the process.
- Simply hold the chosen pendulum over the critical spot until you feel the healing is done.
- Then you may move on to the next critical spot and repeat the process.
- Make sure your mind stays in theta waves as you’re progressing into the healing session in order for the pendulum to be able to work its best. Here's a simple way to do that.
Before you begin the procedure, of course, you’ve communicated with your pendulum and decided on “yes” and “no” signals. If you need clarification on this process, read our article about how to use a pendulum here.
Once you've done that, proceed as follows:
- Start by covering the 4 corners of the room you want to cleanse. You may start either from the East or the North.
- You can begin with questions like “is this corner in the need of cleansing” or simpler yet, “is this room in the need of cleansing.”
- Then, depending on the answer, you may reprogram your pendulum to do your biding. For example, “you shall cleanse this room from any and all evils, negative influences, evil eyes, and bad thoughts and wishes.” Or you may simply program your pendulum to go in widdershins or deosil directions as it cleanses the room.
Doing this above the bed or places where you often take naps is strongly recommended as it has the ability to provide safe and pleasant dreams, good rest, and proper regeneration of the body and mind.
Divination is one of the most common and best known uses for pendulums. Here's how it works:
- Before you begin asking questions, you'll want to communicate the signals for “yes,” “no,” and “maybe” with your pendulum.
- After you’ve set the necessary signals, you can begin by asking your questions. Make sure your questions are answerable with yes/no/maybe answers.
You can combine the pendulum divination technique with Tarot card readings.
For instance, if you pull up a certain card(s) that at the given moment don’t make any sense to you for the inquired situation, you can get further answers by holding your pendulum above the drawn card(s) to receive further guidance.
Now that you've learned several different ways you can use a spiritual pendulum to improve your life, which one are you feeling called to try? There's no need to feel intimidated. Just go for it!