Amethyst or Citrine Geode - How to Make the Best Choice For You
INSIDE: Making the choice between an amethyst geode and a citrine geode can be difficult, especially when you'd really like to have both! When your budget doesn't provide that option, this article will help you make the decision.
When I started learning about amethyst geodes, I immediately wanted one.
But then I learned about the citrine geode, and I wanted one of those too.
Quite the dilemma!
Of course, at some point, I'm sure I'll own both. But for now, I need to make a choice.
Perhaps you are also in the market for a geode, but you aren't sure which one to get. This article will certainly help!
What do the Citrine Geode & Amethyst Geode Have in Common?
Geodes are formed within lava (spills) over millions of years. Owning any geode means that you are in possession of an ancient piece of the earth's history. We wrote an in-depth article about how the cathedral-shaped goede is created - check it out if you're interested - it's pretty fascinating.
Both citrine geodes and amethyst geodes are strikingly beautiful. Their crystal points sparkle and provide us with a dazzling display that can occupy us for hours and brighten the environment they're placed in.
The amethyst and citrine geode are related in that they are both composed of silica (quartz). Therefore, they share the qualities of quartz crystals, while also having their own qualities. Citrine is formed when quartz is heated, and this can occur naturally or artificially, which causes the iron inclusions in the mineral to be reduced, transforming the purple color of amethyst into the golden color of citrine. For this reason, amethyst and citrine will always be related, and ametrine is actually a combination of amethyst and citrine in one stone.
Both the amethyst geode and the citrine geode will improve and uplift your life. Amethyst provides more peace and tranquility, while citrine offers us happiness and radiance. Both bring positive energy into our lives, just in a different way.
Both amethyst and citrine are amplifiers, which means they have the ability to increase the power of other crystals. By placing other crystals on your amethyst geode or citrine geode, you can enjoy the healing power of each of your crystals more fully.
What Should You Know About the Amethyst Geode?
The amethyst geode is by far the most sought-after geode on this earth. Its beauty is unmatched, and its healing properties are extremely diverse and life-transforming.
The most well-known benefits of the amethyst geode are its ability to calm nerves and counteract negative energies.
What is the Amethyst Chakra?
The amethyst geode resonates with the energy of the crown chakra, making it a highly spiritual stone. Being in the presence of an amethyst geode will help you tap into your intuition and higher consciousness.
By bringing in the peaceful, purifying energy of the crown chakra, you'll find it easier to clear your thoughts during meditation and transmute negative energy into the most powerful and positive energy in existence: love.
By spending time close to an amethyst geode, you are likely to feel more inspired to pursue your spiritual practices and improve your connection to the Divine.
Learn more about how to use crystals for chakra healing here.
What is Amethyst Feng Shui?
Amethyst is probably the most popular crystal that is used in the art of feng shui, which works to improve the flow of energy in a room or building through the use of spatial arrangement.
It is true that the amethyst stone can be used in almost every area of the home for feng shui purposes, as outlined in our article, 13 Powerful Amethyst Cluster Feng Shui Tips You Need to Know. The most common way to use amethyst in feng shui, however, is to place it in the Knowledge & Wisdom area, or the Northeast area. Placing your amethyst geode in this area will assist with stress reduction, relaxation, meditation, sleep, and self-care.
What are the Amethyst Geode Benefits & Healing Properties?
- Raises our vibration
- Improves intuition and our connection to higher consciousness
- Provides a sense of calm and wellbeing, and reduces stress
- Deepens our understanding of ourselves and others
- Transmutes negative energies into love
- Protects against psychic attack
- Improves mental focus and decision-making
- Helps us set and achieve our goals
- Promotes healthy cell regeneration and improves blood circulation
- Inhibits bacterial growth and detoxifies the body
- Reduces headaches and insomnia
- Assists with the balance of hormones
- Improves weight loss efforts
Learn more about the amazing healing benefits of amethyst here.
What Are the Best Ways to Use an Amethyst Geode?
- Arrange your amethyst geode in an area of your home or office where you typically feel stressed to promote a sense of calm.
- Meditate next to your amethyst geode to enhance your spiritual experience and improve your results.
- Keep an amethyst geode in a highly trafficked area or a room where you often find yourself fighting with a loved one to diffuse negative energies.
- Place amethyst tumbled stones under your pillow to promote healthy sleep. Place a large geode next to your bed to enjoy the same benefit.
- Sit next to your amethyst geode when you are feeling physically ill to bring its healing qualities into your body and aura.
- Place your amethyst geode next to a struggling plant or an anxious pet to rejuvenate and improve the healing process.
What Should You Know About the Citrine Geode?
Citrine geodes are a radiant golden color like the sun, and that is exactly the type of qualities they bring us. They shine light into the dark areas of our lives, promoting positive energy, and helping us to experience more happiness, abundance, and lightness in our lives.
What is the Citrine Chakra?
The citrine geode resonates with the energy of the solar plexus, much as it is likened to the sun. It improves our self-confidence and helps us feel more in tune with our personal power.
When our solar plexus is in balance, we feel more radiant and alive. We experience an inner glow that reveals itself on the outside as well. We stand tall, knowing and loving who we are.
The citrine geode will help us to stop worrying what others think and to hide shyly in the background. It shows us that we are strong and that we are happiest when we are tapping into that inner strength.
What is Citrine Feng Shui?
The sparkly golden color of the citrine geode brings happiness and positive energy to any space. Its energy relates to the fire element in feng shui, suggesting that placing it in the center of a room or home will bring vitality and a burst of energy to the space.
Citrine is often placed in the Wealth & Prosperity area of the home, or the Southeast area, where it helps to improve our lives in regards to wealth, abundance, and prosperity.
Learn more about how to use crystals for chakra healing here.
What Are the Citrine Geode Benefits & Healing Properties?
- Improves self-confidence
- Brings warmth and joy into our lives
- Helps us manifest our dreams and attract the people and situations we desire
- Brings positive energy into all situations, even the difficult ones
- Cleanses the aura and rejuvenates the spiritual self
- Helps us feel inspired, motivated, radiant, and full of energy
- Promotes care-free feelings and the ability to go with the flow
- Assists us in discovering solutions to our problems and courageously acting on them
- Improves our ability to manifest abundance, wealth, and success in our lives
- Brings us love and happiness
- Helps reduce feelings of depression and fear
- Increases physical energy and stamina
- Promotes a healthy urinary tract, kidneys, digestive system, thyroid, gall bladder, and endocrine system
What Are the Best Ways to Use a Citrine Geode?
- Keep your citrine geode next to your desk or in the Wealth & Prosperity area of your home or office to improve your financial state.
- Sit next to your citrine geode while meditating to tap into the power of your solar plexus and help you feel radiant, joyful, confident, and care-free.
- Sit next to your citrine geode when you feel down to absorb its positive energy.
- Keep citrine in your dining room or kitchen to promote healthy digestion.
- Exercise near your citrine geode to enjoy its energizing qualities.
- Journal next to your citrine geode to help you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Place your citrine geode in your workspace to improve your inspiration and motivation.
Amethyst or Citrine Geode - Which One Should You Choose?
Ultimately, choosing which type of geode to buy comes down to the type of energy you want to enjoy as a result of your purchase.
The amethyst geode will provide a tranquil setting, and although it can certainly help improve all areas of your life, it really shines in the spiritual department. Browse our incredible selection of amethyst geodes here.
The citrine geode offers a joyful and uplifting energy that will bring more radiance, warmth, and light into your life. View our citrine geodes here.
Of course, you don't have to be without either one even if two large geodes aren't in your budget. We also offer amethyst tumbled stones, natural citrine tumbled stones, and heated citrine tumbled stones. Pick up a few and carry them in your pocket or your purse, place them in a bowl on your desk or kitchen table, or hold them in your hands or place them on your chakras when you meditate. We even have ametrine tumbled stones, a healing stone that contains both amethyst and citrine!
* Crystals and stones should not be used as a substitute for medical advice or treatment. This article may contain affiliate links. Please read our full disclaimer notice here.