How to Feel Chakra Energy: Discover How to Sense Subtle Energies
INSIDE: Have you been in close contact with someone and felt a sensation almost as if you were touching them but weren't? Chances are, you’re picking up on their chakra energy.
What is chakra energy? This is the energy that radiates off each and every one of us. A chakra is an energy point on the human body, and there are seven main ones:
- Root Chakra
- Sacral Chakra
- Solar Plexus Chakra
- Heart Chakra
- Throat Chakra
- Third Eye Chakra
- Crown Chakra
They are basically like spinning disks that need to be balanced, aligned, and cleansed.
Take a second and think about each chakra. Do you feel their energies? Maybe not, but that’s ok. It takes time, practice and patience to be able to tune into their energies.
Understanding and feeling the energies from each chakra can help you and the people around you find stability and positivity.
Let’s take a look at how to feel chakra energy.
How to Feel Chakra Energy With Your Hands
Feeling chakra energy is all about patience and practice. Don’t expect to become a renowned energy healer over night. If you want to experience these energies, get rid of expectations and just feel!
Some people say they see color or imagines related to each chakra, but it is most common to feel sensations in the hands. What you sense might be different than what someone else senses, and that’s okay! These sensations are highly individual.
When first starting out, most people experience buzzing, tingling, or warming sensations in their hands. Over time, you’ll become more sensitive to these energies.
If you think you feel something, you’re definitely sensing something. Even if you don’t think you’re feeling anything, use your imagination. That's actually how you unblock those perceptive abilities.
Here's How to Do It
Try it at home with a friend. Have someone lie on a table or bed and hold your hands a few inches about their body. Start moving them slowly up their central channel, which is just below the groin to the top of the head. Can you feel any differences as you move over each chakra?
Everyone is different and experiences things differently, but what you should notice is that there is more “activity” over some areas/chakras than others. Some chakras will give you a lot of information, while others very little. The intensity or quality is called dimension or integration.
You can unlock your own chakra energy with yoga and breathing practices to engage your energy flow. This will also help you build up sensitivity so you can share it with others!
How to Use a Pendulum to Sense Chakras
A pendulum is a divination tool used in spiritual healing. It can be any object that is attached to a string or chain. Pendulums swing around under the influence of gravity. They extract information from the chakras and provide insight into chakra energy.
It’s quite simple: hold the pendulum a few inches above a chakra point. Ensure it is still, and within a few moments, the pendulum will usually start to move.
The motion of the pendulum will tell you what’s going on with the chakra energy. Clockwise is the normal motion in which a chakra rotates, but if it begins moving counterclockwise, this shows the chakra is spinning in reverse.
Understanding the Directions a Pendulum Spins
A counterclockwise spin means the chakra is taking energy from outside of itself and pulling it in.
This makes them more susceptible to pulling bad, negative energies in as opposed to a clockwise spin, which means it is spinning energy out into the world around us.
If your chakras are not balanced and spinning clockwise, it could mean you’re sending out bad energies.
If the pendulum doesn’t move at all or the circles are teeny tiny and unenthusiastic, that chakra is underactive. Large circles indicate an overactive chakra.
Now that you know how to use a pendulum, practice with a partner and learn more about the chakra energy within you!
Experience Your Chakras During Meditation
You don’t need to spend heaps of time or money to engage in your chakras. In fact, chakra energy is most easily accessible through meditation.
You can experience your chakras during a quick 15 minute chakra meditation every day, or once a week. All you need to do is find a comfy position in a quiet place.
Once you're seated in a comfortable position, bring yourself to a happy place, set your intention for the meditation, and focus on deep steady breaths.
From there, start with the first chakra (the root chakra). Visualize its corresponding color and imagine the energy flowing through it.
As you make your way through each chakra, remember that inhales direct energy to the chakra and exhales allow awareness to settle in.
Once the chakras are open and in good function, it’s extremely common to feel it physically throughout your whole body, almost like a tingling sensation. This feeling will allow all tension to melt away. If you were stiff, you might feel loose. If you were restless you might feel calm.
Let Crystals Help You
Crystal healing is an alternative treatment that helps you regain mental, physical and spiritual strength.
Crystals act as conduits for healing. They allow positive energy to enter and flow throughout the body while kicking negative energies to the curb. Every crystal has different properties that facilitate healing and health. There’s a reason they’ve been used throughout human existence.
These "magic stones" are used for all sorts of things but they can work wonders when balancing chakras. If you go to a healing practitioner, they would place various stones on your body that align with each chakra point.
Let’s take a closer look at what healing stones you can use to engage with each chakra:
- Red Jasper is a symbol of physical endurance and energy. Its reddish color resonates strongly with the root chakra.
- Bloodstone promotes vitality and energy. It is in sync with the root chakra and is a great aid for deeper connections.
- Black Tourmaline is a protective stone that shields against negative energies. This works great with the root chakra because of its supportive and grounding nature.
The sacral chakra can be found near the lower abdomen and this is where all of our simple pleasures arise from; sexuality, creativity and joy. It’s represented by the color orange.
- Carnelian is associated with fertility and is a symbol of love and passion, which makes it a great healing stone if you struggle with infertility or low sex drive.
- Orange Calcite provides a positive vibration that supports high energy and creative ideas.
Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus chakra is located in the upper abdomen and is represented by the color yellow and the element, fire. It is responsible for confidence and self-esteem.
- Citrine is a stone that is sure to brighten up your day! It brings good vibes to the entire body and is a powerful stone for balancing out this third chakra.
- Tiger’s Eye is an extremely protective stone and its warm colors bring joy and support to the central chakra.
- Pyrite is probably the most popular crystal for the solar plexus chakra. Its energy is closely related to the sun and will bring light into our darkest days.
The heart chakra is located in the chest and is associated with strong emotions. It is a symbol of love, forgiveness, and grief and it is represented by the colors green and pink.
- Rose Quartz is known as the stone of unconditional love. It helps to open up the heart and heal emotional wounds.
- Green Jade is used to cleanse the heart chakra and strengthen relationships. It’s wonderful at removing negativity from the heart and makes way for love and passions to grow.
- Amazonite represents courage and protection. It connects us with water and the earth. It supports the heart chakra and calms even the strongest of emotions.
When the throat chakra is balanced, it allows us to communicate with ease and aids in understanding, as well as creativity. It is associated with the color blue.
- Aquamarine is known as the singer’s stone. Its light blue color connects perfectly with the throat chakra and promotes healthy, confident expression of the self.
- Sodalite radiates soft soothing energies and can be used to help restore trust and truthful communication in relationships.
Third Eye Chakra
- Amethyst is a wise and understanding stone that is linked to higher consciousness. This stone improves memory, dream recall, and encourages open-mindedness.
- Black Obsidian is known for its mystery and truth, just like the third eye. This stone provokes curiosity and motivation.
- Labradorite was thought of as pieces of the Aurora Borealis that has fallen from the sky. It is said to inspire intuition and psychic abilities.
The crown chakra is our connection to the divine. It is where we find understanding and enlightenment, and it's associated with the colors white and indigo.
- Lepidolite is a beautiful purple stone thought to stimulate positive thinking and act as a bridge to higher consciousness.
- Selenite is known for its cleansing abilities, removing negative energies, and connecting us to our spiritual selves.
Getting the hang of chakras can be a little tricky at first, but with a little practice you’ll be a pro in no time.
When our chakras are out of alignment and aren’t operating in proper function, we can find ourselves feeling blue, self-conscious, unmotivated and just overall in poor spiritual health.
We can practice feeling this energy right at home. Use your hands, a pendulum, or crystals to sense the chakras and bring them into alignment!
Feeling chakra energy requires an open mind and patience. Remember that sensitivity to these energies grows over time and is highly individual, so don’t be discouraged if you feel something different than someone else.